Friday, November 30, 2012

Any Suggestions for Paleo-Friendly Sweets? Good Questions

2012_11_30-PaleoDessertGQ.jpgQ: Every Christmas I like to make a baked good for a friend and neighbor. This year he's on a paleo diet and I have no idea how you make a delicious holiday treat that fits within those confines. Can you help me out?

Sent by Lindsay

Editor: Lindsay, those who follow a strict paleo or primal diet avoid dairy, grains and added sugars, so baking desserts can be a challenge, but not an impossible one. Fresh and dried fruits, eggs, cocoa powder and tree nuts can be used to make some tasty treats. I made these raw "brownies" for a paleo party and they were a huge hit:

Healthy Indulgence: The Raw Brownie from My New Roots

Readers, do you have any suggestions for paleo-friendly dessert recipes?

Next question?

Related: Recipe Ideas for a Restricted Diet of Proteins and Vegetables?

(Image: Anjali Prasertong)


No comments:

Post a Comment