Monday, November 26, 2012

What's Your Storage Style? Reader Survey

2012_11_26-openshelves.jpgI'm an 'out of sight, out of mind' kind of person, so when it comes to my kitchen, I have a lot of open shelving to store my pantry items and various bowls and platters. I keep it as neat and contained as possible because at the same time, I also appreciate the simple, pared down look of a modern kitchen. There's always a bit of tension, though, with hodgepodge/chaos pulling on one end and sterile laboratory at the other, but I like to think that I strike a good balance (most of the time.)

When I recently put up some open storage shelves in my kitchen and stocked them with my pantry items, I was surprised at how it changed my cooking style. When I could see at a glance what I had on hand, it felt much easier to pull together a meal - easier and more creative. Suddenly I was using ingredients I'd forgotten I had when they were hidden in the back of a cupboard.

It's a little extra work keeping the shelves tidy, but I discovered that a few baskets are a great solution for the various bits and bobs that create clutter. Do you have open shelves? How do you keep the chaos at bay?

Related: Open Shelves? Try This Double Duty Storage Trick

(Image: Design Squish)


Amazon.com: ASUS A55A-AB31 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Charcoal ... From the Manufacturer Smart, Reliable & Efficient Uncompromised quality and unique features with affordability in mind Ideal for those who seek a highly reliable ... Index of Learning Styles Questionnaire - College of Engineering ... NC STATE UNIVERSITY Index of Learning Styles Questionnaire Barbara A. Soloman First-Year College North Carolina State University The VARK Questionnaire The VARK Questionnaire. How Do I Learn Best? Questionnaire version 7.1 More Information. Choose the answer which best explains your preference and tick the box ... Modern Language Association (MLA): Format, Bibliography, Style ... Nonprofit membership organization that promotes the study and teaching of language and literature. Includes bibliography, style guide, job board. Realtor Magazine Real Estate Tips, Trends, Data & More The 2012 Good Neighbor Award winners were inducted into the Good Neighbor Society along with one surprise honorary member. Hey Peter, what does your daughter eat? The Eating Academy ... If theres one question I get asked often, its this one. And I understand why. Anyone who knows me, and knows how obsessed I am with everything I do, knows there ... Money in your 50s and 60s - MSN Money Get investment and financial advice for baby boomers. Read about retirement and planning advice for those in their 50s and 60s and steps to take care of those heading ... AddThis - The Largest Sharing and Social Data Platform. We Provide ... AddThis is the world's largest sharing platform. We use big data to help site owners and brands build digital audiences and use data to personalize experiences. We ... SurveyMonkey: Free online survey software & questionnaire tool Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software. InformationWeek Business Technology News, Reviews and Blogs InformationWeek is the leading news and information source for information technology professionals and business managers with technology management and purchasing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment