Thursday, November 29, 2012

On Non-Food Gifts That Smell Like Food: Is It a Yea or a Nay?

1129_nonfood.jpgCinnamon bun, chai spice, grapefruit ginger. Mmmm, sounds good, doesn't it? But these "flavors" are actually from gifts that aren't food at all: lotions, soaps, candles, lip balms. What do you think about food-flavored gifts?

The phenomenon came to mind when I was shopping through Philosophy products for my tweenybopper niece - so many enticing scents but one big hangup (for me, anyway): I once received such a gift. It was a moisturizer scented like sugary frosting. No matter what the texture or consistency of the product, I could not get over the feeling that the moisturizer was sticky. Ever since then, I've shied away from food-scented gifts like these. (Except my chai latte lip balm, that is!)

What are your impressions when it comes to non-food gifts that feign food scents or flavors? Yea or nay? What are some of the wackiest ones you've come across? And while we're on the subject of Philosophy products, has anyone ever tried the recipes printed on the bottles?

Related: How To Make Soft, Chewy Caramels

(Image: Food For Thought)


No comments:

Post a Comment