Friday, August 24, 2012

Must Try! Green Tomato Pie Honey & Jam

082412-tomatopie.jpgFolks, I have a serious squirrel problem in my backyard, and my tomato crop has suffered greatly. It's a daily race to beat the critters to the newly red tomatoes, so maybe instead I'll just make this pie and enjoy the fruits of my labor before the tomatoes ripen.

I stopped in over at Honey & Jam to see what Hannah has been up to and to my surprise I ended up with a new pie recipe to make. The catch? It's made with vegetables and tastes like sweetened fruit!

This recipe is a little tangy from the unripened tomatoes and a little sweet and spicy, the perfect mix she says with fresh honeycomb if you can find it or a bit of vanilla ice cream. It sounds like the perfect remedy for all those small tomatoes that you just can't wait to ripen or might be under squirrel attack like in my garden! Want to see how it's made?

Read More: Green Tomato Pie + Kids Farm to Table Camp from Honey & Jam

Related: Got Green Tomatoes? 5 Ways to Use Them Up!

(Image: Honey & Jam)


honey & jam recipes + photos "Where do potatoes grow?" That's how last week started for me. I had the opportunity to work at a kids farm to table camp, hosted by The Cook's Farm, which is run by ... (Gluten Free) Hushpuppies + Green Tomato Jam chik n' pastry My list of 'Southern foods I miss' is rather substantial. I manage to get my fill of some of them over Christmas, or if I'm in NC for any other occasion Fried Green Tomatoes Tasty Kitchen Blog Every September I always have at least a few green tomatoes dangling in the garden. This is always a good thing because while ripe juicy red tomatoes are wonderful ... Tinned Tomatoes: Quick & Easy Banoffee Pie I haven't made banoffee pie for years. It is a great dessert, but making the toffee sauce for it was always a chore. The best way to make the toffee was to take a can ... Tomato Pie Recipe Simply Recipes Fresh chopped tomatoes, basil and onions, topped with mixture of shredded cheese and mayonnaise, baked in a pie shell. Rodale Store - ABS DIET Get full access to all of the lifestyle-changing information from the best-selling books, plus online only content, decision tools, shopping lists, and more, including: Kid-Friendly Recipes - KitchenDaily Kid-Friendly Recipes with ratings, reviews and menus Kitchen Parade: Shop Your Pantry, Refrigerator & Freezer First Seasonal, easy and healthy recipes made from real food without processed ingredients. All recipes include Weight Watchers old points and PointsPlus points, calorie ... Vegetable jam recipes Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall Life and ... Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's vegetable jam recipes. Veg plot overflowing? Time to rustle up some sweet preserves Green Tomato-Apple Chutney David Lebovitz Not to stereotype, but one of the great things Ive noticed about Indian cooks is that whenever you make or try out one of their dishes, instead of combing through ...

No comments:

Post a Comment