Monday, August 27, 2012

What Are Good Make-Ahead Side Dishes for a Self-Catered Wedding? Good Questions

2012_08_27-Greens-GQ.jpgQ: I'm having my wedding in mid-September, and it will be largely self-catered. I've found a lot of great wedding inspiration on The Kitchn, and I was hoping readers might have good suggestions for side dishes which can be made in advance and simply assembled or garnished on my wedding day.

I won't be overseeing the final assembly, so again the key is to keep it simple. I have the whole week before my wedding to prep.

What can I make on Tuesday/Wednesday that will still be tasty for my wedding feast on Saturday?

Sent by Lindsay

Editor: Lindsay, this depends on what you're making for the main dish, but anything stewed or braised will hold up well for a couple days. What about stewed collard greens, or a gratin of sweet potatoes and cheese?

Readers, what else would you suggest?

Next question?

Related: Make-Ahead Dish for Entertaining: 10 Vegetable Gratins

(Image: )


Freezing Foods: A Real Time-Saver Article - Allrecipes.com Do More FREE! SAVE favorites in your Recipe Box; CREATE and save shopping lists; GET cooking questions answered; Become a Member FREE; Already a member? The English Kitchen: Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder You know these recipes are delicious because if I didn't think that they weren't fabulous . . . I wouldn't be showing them to you. You can also be sure ... Allrecipes - Recipes and cooking confidence for home cooks everywhere Do More FREE! SAVE favorites in your Recipe Box; CREATE and save shopping lists; GET cooking questions answered; Become a Member FREE; Already a member? Church-Style Lemon-Roasted Potatoes Recipe MyRecipes.com If you don't want to peel little potatoes, you can use larger peeled Yukons. Simply cut into large chunks, and bake as directed. Any leftover potatoes are great for ... 5 Fast-Food Favorites You Can Make Healthier at Home Shine Food ... From the blog Shine Food: Restaurant meals taste good and eating out sure is convenient. But some of the dishes weve come to love are costing our waistlines big-time. Large size recipes and tips for quantity cooking-- Ellen's Kitchen ... Ellen's Kitchen ... Get Out The Big Pots If quantity cooking was as simple as multiplication life would be easier all around. The English Kitchen: Raspberry Buns You know these recipes are delicious because if I didn't think that they weren't fabulous . . . I wouldn't be showing them to you. You can also be sure ... Ellen's Kitchen cooking for a large crowd: Wendy 03/22/07 I am looking for a cook book that has recipes for groups of over 80 people. I enjoy your web site but need some thing in ... 3 Tricks for Healthier Macaroni Salad Shine Food - Yahoo! Shine From the blog Shine Food: Macaroni salad is one of those dishes that you just have to have at a Memorial Day gathering. But if you think your typical macaroni salad ... Caramel Apples Recipe Simply Recipes Traditional caramel candy apples recipe. Sweet red apples on a stick, dipped in delicious caramel sauce. Perfect for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment