Thursday, December 13, 2012

5 Herb-Scented Shortbread Cookie Recipes

Oh, how I love the subtle sweetness of shortbread mixed with fresh herbs. I am sure to have an herb-scented shortbread on my cookie tray every holiday season, and it all started with one:

From Bon Apptit's 2007 Sage-Scented Shortbread, I learned to love the buttery, salty-yet-sweet, lightly herbal mix of such cookies. This roundup builds upon that repertoire:

1. Sage-Scented Shortbread from Bon Apptit
2. Lemon-Thyme Shortbread Cookies Laced with Honey from Better Homes and Gardens)
3. Rosemary Shortbread Cookies from Oxmoor House
4. Lemon-Lime Basil Shortbread Cookies from Bon Apptit
5. Lemon Lavender Shortbread from Food & Wine (not pictured)

Related: Liven Up Holiday Shortbread: 10 Festive Mix-Ins

(Images: Kana Okada/Bon Apptit, Better Homes and Gardens, My Recipes, Romulo Yanes/Bon Apptit)


No comments:

Post a Comment