Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How Can I Make Really Smooth & Creamy Carrot Soup? Good Questions

2012-12-19-CarrotSoupGQ.jpgQ: Every time I make a pureed carrot soup, I can never get the nice creamy texture I'm looking for. I've tried everything: a blender, a food processor, an immersion blender. Fail. I've tried cooking the carrots forever to be sure they are soft enough. Fail. Any suggestions?

Sent by Lindsay

Editor: I have the best luck with an immersion blender. To make it truly creamy, I also find it needs some kind of cream, be it actual cream or something like coconut milk.

Readers, what suggestions do you have?

Next question?

Related: Soup's On! 7 Ways to Make Any Soup Creamier

(Image: Curried Carrot Soup/Leela Cyd Ross )


How can you make tomato soup from fresh tomatoes? - Yahoo! UK ... Best Answer: Fresh Tomato Soup 6 ea Tomatoes; medium size or 2 lb Italian plum tomatoes 1 ea Onion; chopped 1 ea Celery; stalk, chopped 2 c Chicken broth 1 ... Mummy, I can cook! YES IT'S OVER My friend's mantra for getting through his dissertation were the two 'C's- chocolate and cigarettes. Since I don't smoke, he recommended I eat more ... Cream Of Cauliflower Soup Recipe - Taste.com.au Cream of cauliflower soup recipe - Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 7 minutes or until very soft. Add coriander ... Mennonite Girls Can Cook: Creamy Carrot Soup Carrot soup...good anytime of the year! Though most of us harvest our carrots in fall, I just dug up the carrots that spent the winter in the ground. What can I do to make regular chuck steak really good? Any ideas ... What can I do to make regular chuck steak really good? Any ideas are welcome! Cook in really long and slow, just use your favorite beef stew recipe (beed in beer is ... Cream of Mushroom Soup - Recipe File - Cooking For Engineers One of the recipes that I keep getting asked for is a Cream of Mushroom Soup that doesn't come out of a can. I worked on this one for a couple of weeks, trying ... Kitchen Parade: Laura's Healthy Carrot Soup My cousin Laura is famous for her rich-tasting but still low-calorie soup that uses a combination of potatoes and slow cooking to coax out a cream-like quality ... Meatless Mondays: Shepherds Pumpkin Pie Looking for great meatless recipes? We'll hook you up! ... Get exciting stories and important actions from TakePart once a week. Creamy Tomato Soup: can the can homemade is heavenly. King ... Cream of tomato soup is [fill in the blank]: Delicious. Satisfying. Nostalgic. Campbells. All of the above? Not necessarily. Many of us grew up on Campbells ... I am looking for some good Bean Soup recipes. Homemade that you ... Askville Question: I am looking for some good Bean Soup recipes. Homemade that you really like and even get compliments on. : Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment