Monday, February 25, 2013

Help! Why Are My Cakes Always Runny in the Middle? Good Questions

Q: Why is my cake so runny in the middle? I have been baking for a while, but every time I make a cake, the middle is always runny. I follow the recipes by every single word! I tried to bake them longer, I even doubled the time. But nothing works. The finish product tastes weird too. Really floury.

Sent by Dolores

Editor:Wow! You have me stumped on this one! The only things I can think to suggest are to check your oven temperature with an oven thermometer (like this one) and to make sure your ingredients are fresh. Your runny middles might be caused by low oven temperature or expired baking soda.

Readers, any other suggestions?

Next question?

Related:Recipe: Spiced Bundt Cake with Whisky-Coffee Glaze

(Image: Anjali Prasertong)


No comments:

Post a Comment