Friday, February 22, 2013

What Is This Mystery Steak and How Should I Cook It? Good Questions

Q: I bought an inexpensive heel steak from a Mexican market labeled "carne para asar." It is sliced very thin and doesn't seem like a traditional roast. What is heel steak commonly used for and how can I cook it?

Sent by Amy

What Is This Mystery Steak and How Should I Cook It?

What Is This Mystery Steak and How Should I Cook It?

Editor:Amy, I've never heard of a heel steak, but carne para asartypically refers to meat that should be grilled. If you have an indoor grill or live in a temperate climate, try grilling it, slicing it thin and serving it withchimichurri sauce.

Readers, any insight on this cut of steak? How would you recommend cooking it?

Next question?

Related:New Steaks: Saveur's Guide to Trendy Cuts

(Image: Amy via the Kitchn Submission Form)


Frozen Fiefdom - Emails To / From "Leaves" GIMME An "F" GIMME An ... FROZEN FIEFDOM "Something's Up" In America's Big Berg featuring Selected Poems from The Alaska Mystery Collection . and The Tree Series Boba Fett Don Post Helmet Customization Guide Some time ago (2004 ... Boba Fett Don Post Helmet Customization Guide Some time ago (2004), I stumbled upon The Dented Helmet, the definitive source for Star Wars prop collecting and ... LV7Thinks I write what I want, when I want, about what I want ... You cant touch me, I whisper. Im lying, is what I dont tell him. He can touch me, is what Ill never tell him. But things happen when people touch me. Venite a vedere - Communion and LiberationCommunion and Liberation ... Articles and Books Communion and Liberation Information on Founder Luigi GiussaniRecognizing ChristHow We Become Christian"Simon Do You Love Me?"The Sign of Signs ... Cooking tips-Food trivia questions answered Posted September 24, 2012 10:03 am in: beer. hey people i just have a couple of questions about Noni juice:1.what does Noni cure? i know a guy his legs hurt all ... Mystery Writing is Murder by Elizabeth S. Craig, @elizabethscraig Ive heard that in the past, writers would hear reactions to their work in very limited ways. Theyd either get a review ... Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com Police: This rape suspect prowled dating sitePolice: Rape suspect prowled dating site Yahoo! Finance - Personal Finance Read latest personal finance articles about loans, saving & spending, lifestyle, insurance, taxes, career & education, retirement, and real estate. Try our ...

No comments:

Post a Comment