Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Uncool Kitchen Tool: A Beat-Up, Totally Generic, Aluminum Pasta Pot

My Uncool Kitchen Tool: A Beat-Up, Totally Generic, Aluminum Pasta Pot

I am lucky to have many shiny, heavy, ergonomically-designed, and brand-stamped pots and pans in my kitchen, mostly amassed from my wedding registry a few years back. This battered old pasta pot that my mom gave me after college sticks out like a sore thumb. I worry that the other pans mock it after I go to sleep, and yet, I can't let it go.

My Uncool Kitchen Tool: A Beat-Up, Totally Generic, Aluminum Pasta Pot

There is definitely a certain amount of nostalgia associated with this little 2-gallon pot. It was my very first pot, you guys! Little ol' me. I had no idea how to season chicken or mince garlic, but I sure as heck knew how to boil a pot of pasta.

But I still probably would have gotten rid of it long ago if it weren't so darn useful. It really is the perfect size for making a big pot of pasta. It's also useful for making chicken stock and large batches of soup, and it serves as an extra mixing bowl on busy cooking day. As I've gotten more into homebrewing in the last few years, I gravitate toward using this pot when mashing grains for a small 1-gallon batch of beer and prepping sweet tea for kombucha.

I can't tell you the name or brand or even the definitive metal (aluminum? probably?), but I'm betting that you all have a similar pot if not on a shelf, at least somewhere in your past. It's the workhorse of my kitchen, and it has earned its place in my cupboard.

Do you have a battered, old piece of cookware that you've been hanging on to?

Related: My Uncool Kitchen Tool: Paper Towels

(Images: Emma Christensen)


dirurl - Free Backlink Builder Create up to 113 backlinks from high PR sites pointing to your website and ping them all for FREE with dirurl - Free Backlink Builder Tool. Ellen's Kitchen Tivoli cookware -vs- All Clad cookware: Carla 11/09/05 I have seen the Tivoli cookware in our local Marshalls store. I can not find any information on this set of ... Best & Cheap Web Hosting Plans : Low Cost Webhosting Services The best web hosting directory offering cheap, low cost, affordable, reliable & hassle free webhosting plans for both personal & business use. U.S. News National News - Latest Headlines, Videos, Photos - ABC ... ABC News reports on United States politics, crime, education, legal stories, celebrities, weather, the economy and more 26" Men's Mongoose Blackcomb Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike ... Walmart product reviews and customer ratings for 26" Men's Mongoose Blackcomb Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike. Read and compare experiences customers have had with ... Back Room Almanac - BluWiki - 2013 Bluwiki Email received by BoardOps June 21, 2004: I have avoided your board for the past several months, but had the misfortune of looking at it today out of sheer boredom. slangvocabulary.com - The Slang Dictionary slangvocabulary.com is a dictionary of slang, webspeak, made up words, and colloquialisms. Browse our listings, or submit your own slang words to our site. St. Louis Memories St. Louis Memories (Chapter Four) David A. Lossos. To return to the "Genealogy in St. Louis" Web Site click here. Send your memories to Dave Lossos

No comments:

Post a Comment