Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Can I Re-Freeze Unused Phyllo Dough? Good Questions

Q: I have a recipe that asks for four sheets of phyllo dough. However the brand I buy is frozen, and in order to get four sheets, I have to let it all thaw. Can I put it back in the freezer, or do I now have to use it up? Is there a way to just get a few sheets out of the package? Thanks!

Sent by Suzanne

Editor:Since sheets of phyllo are fairly dry, I imagine that they would re-freeze well without sticking to each other or becoming gummy. I've never tried it myself, though!

Readers, any advice on re-freezing phyllo?

Next question?

Related:Techniques: How to Work with Phyllo Dough

(Image: Phyllo Pie with Ricotta and Pesto/Elizabeth Passarella)


Pie Crust - How To Information eHow.com Pie Crust how to articles and videos including How to Cut Shortening With Your Fingers, Can You Use Crisco for a Cake?, How to Mold Pie Dough and much more! Nat's Adventures in Baking And when it does you have to be ready to just take it - and run. Baklava Rolls Manjula's Kitchen Indian Vegetarian Recipes ... Baklava is a Middle Eastern specialty. Baklava is made in many shapes I decided to make them in rolls. Instead of honey I used sugar to glaze and flavored with cardamom. can you freeze a pound cake and it still taste good? Yes, you can keep pound cake in the freezer for about 3 months. You can even thaw and refreeze the unused portion. Make sure the loaf has cooled and wrap tightly in ... Athens: Twin 8 Oz Fresh Pks Fillo Dough, 16 Oz: Baking : Walmart.com Shop Low Prices on: Athens: Twin 8 Oz Fresh Pks Fillo Dough, 16 Oz : Baking Phyllo Dough Dessert Recipes - ifood.tv Your Food Network - Food ... Enjoy special collection of trusted phyllo dough dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people trying phyllo dough dessert recipes. What is a really fancy dessert I can make for a party? - Yahoo ... Best Answer: Hi Lissa, Based on the fact that you're a culinary major, you can up the ante and make individual chocolate eclairs to impress your guests ... Is there a difference between Phyllo Dough and Puff Pastry sheets ... Best Answer: Phyllo dough is very thin and used in Baklava. Puff Pastry is more like pie crust, it's a French layered pastry. You could make spinach puffs ...

No comments:

Post a Comment