Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Kitchen Treat: Toe Kick Heat Register

013113_treat01.jpgWhen we reconfigured some of the cabinetry in our kitchen last year, we hit a bump in the road: a floor vent supplying heat to the kitchen was right where one of the base cabinets was supposed to be installed. We were really set on the cabinet layout, and we certainly didn't want to re-route a bunch of ductwork. So, the cabinetmaker helped us out by making an opening in the toe kick for a heat register, and we changed the floor grill to a toe kick grill:

This was an awesome accidental improvement, as a floor grill in the kitchen is a terrible crumb collector. Just reorienting the grill vertically in the toe kick took care of that problem.

But here's what makes it my kitchen treat: When I'm working at the counter on cold winter days, the heat coming from the toe kick keeps my feet warm and toasty. This simple adjustment makes a day of winter baking or a morning of reading the paper at the counter a delightful treat!

Related: My Kitchen Treat: An Admittedly Dorky Canning Funnel

(Image: Regina Yunghans)


Recipes, Kitchen Tips, Cooking Experts, Menu Ideas - CDKitchen Get recipes for family meals, parties, holidays and more. You'll find healthy dishes, recipes by ingredient, and ideas for kid-friendly foods. Plus, advice from our ... Lulabella's Kitchen Its that time again! When I reveal to you what delights I received from my foodie pen pal for this month! Spam 75 years From Hormel Foods Corporation. Includes history, fan club, and facts. KitchenAid: Welcome to KitchenAid.com For a richer experience, download Adobe Flash Player. We've created this site to bring you the world of KitchenAid in the most exciting ways possible bringing you as ... Home Remedies and Natural Cures for Common Illnesses Getting started with home remedies & natural treatments is simple enough in fact, you'll probably find everything you need right here, in your kitchen. My Life With Stiff Person Syndrome My journey with a rare ... My journey with a rare disease and no cure (by My journal of my life with Stiff Person Syndrome and more) Healthcare - How To Information eHow.com What Should Your Blood Pressure Be? How to Take a Blood Pressure Measurement; How to Treat a Bleeding Nose; How to Use Crutches Properly Showing You How to Ignite Your WOW at IgnitePoint.com IgnitePoint is all about showing you how to ignite your WOW! Our guides offer you resources and training in the various aspects of running a business around your passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment