Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Smitten Kitchen's Tip for Incredibly Smooth Hummus: Have You Tried It?

I make hummus more often than I buy it. I find that not only is it inexpensive and fast, but making my own hummus tastes far better than the varieties I find at the grocery store. Fresh hummus has a spicy garlic taste that just never comes through in hummus that's sat on shelves for weeks or longer. But in all of my hummus making, I had never heard of this particular tip. Have you?

In Deb Perelman's post on hummus a few weeks ago she suggests peeling the chickpeas before blending them. That's right, peeling the super thin, translucent skin off of each individual chickpea. I read the post and thought, ok, that sounds nice for someone with time to kill. But as I was whipping up a batch of hummus the other day I felt compelled to try it. And it worked! Smooth hummus without the grainy texture.

Crazy? A little. Have you tried it?

Get the recipe: Ethereally Smooth Hummus from Smitten Kitchen

Related: How To Make Hummus

(Images: Flickr user Veganbaking.net licensed for use under Creative Commons)


writes4food recipes and wisdom from a Midwestern kitchen Its a funny word, squash. Its a verb. Its a racket sport. Its a vegetable with two large families that bear very little resemblance to one another beyond ... smitten kitchen A home cooking weblog from a tiny kitchen in New York City. The place to find all of your new favorite things to cook. Black Bean Burgers Annie's Eats A few months ago I ate the best black bean burger I had ever tried. It was thick and hearty, perfectly spiced, and not dry at all, served on a brioche bun (similar to ... Shared Appetite - Eat. Cook. Share. A tribute to the food I've eaten, the recipes I've cooked, and the people who share it with me. Olive Tree Caf - Kahala - Honolulu, HI (808) 737-0303 "This is where I fell in love with Greek food. Some friends brought me here years ago, and I got the lamb souvlaki. It blew my effing mind! Since ... Be Well With Arielle jeWELLry and wellness tips to inspire ... Today I was on TV!!!! My friend,Nitika Chopra Nitika Chopra has a new show coming out soon and I was featured on one of the episodes, interviewed by the awesome ... ethereally smooth hummus smitten kitchen For as long as I have written this website yes, even longer than it has been since I told you the wee white lie that Paula Wolferts hummus was all Id ever ... 101 Cookbooks Let's switch things up a bit with the favorites this time around. I'm going to put a few things out there, and I'd be incredibly thrilled if you leave a suggestion or ...

No comments:

Post a Comment