Thursday, February 7, 2013

Which Slow Cooker Do You Recommend? Good Questions

Q: I'm on the hunt for a slow cooker. I've never owned or used one before, but love the thought of coming home to a warm meal that's ready to eat. I don't have a lot of counter or storage space in my apartment and am mostly cooking for two. Any suggestions?

Sent by Vanessa

Editor:I have a traditional Rival Crock-Pot (7-quart) and I love it. I particularly love that it has four different cooking speeds (4-hours, 6-hours, 8-hours, and 10-hours), and it flips over to a "Warm" setting if I don't get to it right away. It's also big enough for a whole pork shoulder (pulled pork!) and most slow-cooked casserole dishes (like the Cheesy Panade from earlier this week).

The only thing that might sway me with a new slow cooker is one where you can sear meat right in the insert, rather than having to use another pot and transfer it into the cooker.

Readers, what slow cookers do you recommend?

Next question?

Related:15 Splendid Meals for the Slow Cooker

(Image: Emma Christensen)


No comments:

Post a Comment