Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hate Washing Dishes? Try the "One Soapy Sponge" Trick

2012-10-18-SoapySponge.jpegDoing the dishes is my least favorite kitchen task, hands down. My reluctance to face them results in towering piles of plates and bowls more often that I'd like to admit. This is why I've instituted a "one soapy sponge" policy to help keep the chaos under control.

The deal is that I wash as many dishes as I can with one soapy sponge, and then I give myself permission to do something else. That's it! One sponge-worth of dishes and then I'm free to go about my business.

For me, breaking a big sink of dishes (and often the counter, as well) into smaller one-sponge increments makes the task seem less daunting. I can fit in a few dishes while I wait for my tea to brew and another few when I need a break from staring at the computer. Knowing that my time standing at the sink is limited lessens some of the psychological hurdle of getting there in the first place.

I've also found that I can wash a surprising number of dishes with just one sponge! Bonus!

What tricks do you have for getting yourself to do the dishes?

Related: Cleaning Up: What Do You NOT Put In the Dishwasher?

(Image: Subbotina Anna/Shutterstock)


Building It On Pennies: Homemade Laundry Soap Even HE safe Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday's and time with Loved ones, I know we have been! Tonight I want to share with you homemade laundry soap and homemade fabric ... Deviled Eggs Recipe Simply Recipes Classic deviled eggs recipe, perfect for post-Easter and summer picnic potlucks. Mashed cooked egg yolks, mixed with mayonnaise and Dijon, spooned or piped into ... I Hate Him! Tell your story about the one you hate! Stories Send us a story if you have one. Be sure to read the disclaimer though... If you have any comments, submit them here. tweetsensorium tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-3369868385496231550 2012-03-17T19:37:01.220-07:00 tweetsensorium Eco-Allison noreply@blogger.com Blogger 1 1 25 tag:blogger.com,1999:blog ... dish-nyc dishing about food, dating and dining in New York City Stop Homework I Hate Reading Logs, says FedUp Mom This is the sixth post by FedUp Mom, the mother of a fifth grader. FedUp Moms daughter used to attend a public school in suburban Philadelphia, but this year FedUp ... suddenly oily hair that won't correct - Dermatology - MedHelp This discussion is related to suddenly oily hair that won't correct . Question to the Dr. Could this be ... i hate university Why I hate university life I hate university life too!!!!, people who have never attended university always say its the best years of your life and that you make your friends for life there ... Atlanta News, Sports, Atlanta Weather, Business News www.ajc.com Get Atlanta news, sports, Atlanta weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from the Atlanta Journal Constitution - we know Atlanta best! 10 Homemade Laundry Soap Detergent Recipes : TipNut.com Here is a nice stack of different recipes for making homemade laundry detergent that Ive collected over the years. Do they work? Yes, Ive had good luck with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment