Friday, October 26, 2012

Cute (Not Scary) Halloween Snack: Cheese Crackers Shaped Like Ghosts!

2012-10-26-crackers.jpg

Confession: I am not the world's 1 Halloween fan. Call me a wimp, but I just don't do well with scary things, even if I know they're fake. So while I applaud the ingenuity of the spooky foods showing up all over the internet right now, they also sufficiently creep me out and thus keep me out of the kitchen. But these homemade cheese crackers, courtesy of our friend Olga from Sassy Radish, are just my kind of Halloween treat: more cute than scary. Friendly ghosts! Plump pumpkins! Benign bats! (Well, at least I'm determining they are.)

Olga notes that these cheese crackers are "intensely cheddary" while also being buttery, crispy, and not too salty. And bonus: they won't leave your fingers orange, like their store-bought counterpart.

Despite the Halloween shapes in this version, this is really a year-round recipe, perfectly suited to any shape you desire. I can deal with Caspar the Friendly Ghost this time around, but you better believe I'll be even more excited when I can shape them into mini Christmas trees and stars.

Get the recipe: Homemade Cheese Crackers at Sassy Radish

Related: Quick and Impressive: Gruyere and Hazelnut Crackers

(Image: Olga Massov of Sassy Radish)


Halloween Appetizer Recipes Scareyou.com Baked Monster Eyes. 1 lb. lean ground beef 2 T. taco seasoning 2 T. ice water 1/2 C. shredded Mexican cheese (or cheddar, Monterey jack, or Colby) 1 C. crushed ... Cute Food - Party Planning - Party Ideas - Cute Food - Holiday ... Cupcakes to pie for. These cute pumpkin pie cupcake toppers really do taste like pumpkin pie! Using Pumpkin Spice Mallows, I cut them to resemble small pieces of pie. Holidays & Celebrations - How To Information eHow.com New Year's Eve Party Menu; How to Decorate Outdoors for Halloween; How to Throw a Halloween Party for Kids; Applying Fairy Makeup Kid Activities Holidays: Halloween Snacks More than 80+ Fun Halloween Drinks, Snacks and Goodies! Updated October 2012. EDIBLE CREEPY CRAWLIES. ANTS IN THE SAND Crushed graham crackers Chocolate sprinkles Halloween Party Food Ideas - Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoo Scare up some fun with these creative and spookily good beverage and food ideas for Halloween parties! After all, what fun would a Halloween bash be ... Halloween Recipes Welcome! I am Britta, Webmistress of the Dark, and these are my Halloween Recipes! Not all are spooky, but they have all been used at various Halloween parties over ... not martha Meat Hand I make things. Then I tell you how to make them too, minus the mistakes. And I collect links like they are going out of style. Halloween Snacks - The Perpetual Preschool Contact_FullName: Carol. Contact_Email: carol222@hawaii.rr.com. Area: Halloween - recipe. Idea: Cheesy Jack. one large flour tortilla. shredded cheddar cheese Halloween Ghoulish Party Food Ideas - Squidoo : Welcome to Squidoo Have you found some Halloween ghoulish food recipes to prepare for your next party? After all, a Halloween party wouldn't be as much fun as it should be without some ... Easy Halloween Recipes Halloween Recipes For Kids Recipes For ... Dress Up Like Michael Jackson This Halloween? Try These Costume Ideas . Michael Jackson, known as music historys King of Pop was a legend all around the ...

No comments:

Post a Comment