Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Look! DIY Tootsie Rolls

2012_10_26-tootsierolls.jpegYou're either a DIY candy person or you're not. I tend to shy away from making my own candy because I've had awful luck with brittles and barks. Generally when there's a candy thermometer involved, I find that things go south pretty quickly. However, when a beloved candy is so easy to recreate at home, like these Tootsie Rolls, I'm sold.

We're no strangers to homemade candy. We've chatted about everything from peanut butter cups to pixie stix. So when Food 52 recently profiled a DIY Tootsie Roll recipe, my ears perked right up.

The recipe itself is simply a mixture of butter, cocoa powder, honey, milk powder and a few other ingredients that you knead into a tacky ball and, almost magically, it starts to look a whole lot like a Tootsie Roll. Most of the ingredients you likely have already in your pantry.

In our house, Tootsie Rolls are a lot like candy corn: no one likes to admit they really love them, but they somehow manage to disappear on their own just fine.

Get the recipe: Homemade Tootsie Rolls at Food52

Related: Make This: Homemade Halloween Candy Bar!

(Image: Heather Baird for Food 52)


Homemade Tootsie Rolls - Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY Want to have lots of Tootsie Rolls quickly and cheaply? This recipe gets the job done with candies that taste like Tootsie Rolls, but are much softer ... How to Make Roses Out of Tootsie Rolls eHow.com If you have trouble making roses out of buttercream, making roses out of Tootsie Rolls and other candy is a simpler alternative. Plus, it's one way to get rid of ... How to Make Tootsie Rolls eHow.com Homemade chocolate rolls are not only fun to make but are also much chewier and fresher than the store-bought version of Tootsie Rolls, and they taste absolutely ... Complete D-I-Y Superhero Birthday Party (ALL FREE) For the Finally, I did the Decorations.... I simply used boxes from around the house & brown wrapping paper I purchased at the dollar store. Then I simply let the ... The Real Life Mom: Last Minute DIY Halloween Costumes As I watched Kathie Lee and Hoda the other day on the Today show they had a segment with easy, last minute, DIY Halloween costumes and I thought it was ... How to Get an edgy rock n roll look Makeup This video teaches the secrets of getting an edgy rock n roll look. An excellent summary is given below. First use a pearl glide eyeliner in rave and fill half side ... Mini Halloween Pumpkin Cakes Busy Mommy: An Iowa Mom Blog These adorable mini pumpkin cakes are perfect to serve at halloween parties or just a fun fall activity to do with the kids. You can be festive by making pumpkin ... Tootsie eBay Where results contain multi-variation listings, the item counts on the page are inclusive of all matching variations that are available. Fun with the Fullwoods: Chocolate Tootsie Roll Cookies I could be wrong, don't let me get ahead of myself. But I think maybe, just maybe, I invented a new cookie. Surely someone has discovered this delicious ... Gluesticks: Homemade Tootsie Rolls These were a hit with the kids! Fun and easy to make, and they make a lot! I searched for a recipe that used baking cocoa (because that's what I had on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment