Thursday, October 25, 2012

What Is a Good Substitute for Mushrooms? Good Questions

2012_10_25-MushroomSubGQ.jpgQ: I'm allergic to mushrooms and have always had a difficult time trying to find a substitute in recipes where mushrooms aren't the star player, but figure prominently in the dish. Is there anything with a similar earthy flavor or meaty texture? I've heard that mushrooms have no equal. Please tell me it isn't true!

Sent by Christine

Editor: Great question, Christine! Readers, do you have any suggestions for ingredients that are good substitutes for mushrooms?

Next question?

Related: Strange But True: The Raw Shiitake Rash

(Image: Emma Christensen)


What Can I Substitute for Buttermilk in a Cake? Good Questions ... Q: I live in Colombia South America, and I am doing a cake for my birthday, which is in two weeks. I am doing an inside-out Black Forest cake from Martha Stewart. What is a good substitute for cumin? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers Best Answer: A teaspoon of coriander. EDIT: You said your sauce was for prawns, so the coriander suggestion was because it has a bright, light lemony ... Questions and Answers - The Good Drugs Guide - Honest Drug ... Answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding mushrooms, magic mushrooms, dried mushrooms, powdered mushrooms, psilocybin mushrooms, the safe mushroom dosage ... Whats a good substitute for bread? - Early To Rise The Web ... GD Star Ratingloading...As bread is always being lambasted as being too high in carbs, exactly what can be used as a substitute that is both nutritious AND ... What is a good substitute for red wine vinegar in a recipe? ChaCha What is a good substitute for red wine vinegar in a recipe? ChaCha Answer: For red wine vinegar, substitute another type of vinegar, ... What is a good substitute for maca powder? ChaCha What is a good substitute for maca powder? ChaCha Answer: Maca powder is commonly used as a substitution for flour in many recipes. I... What Can I Substitute for Condensed Chicken Soup? Good Questions ... Q: I have a number of recipes (many passed down from my mother) that rely on a can of condensed chicken soup, but the last time I picked up a can, I checked the label ... c - Is there a good Valgrind substitute for Windows? - Stack Overflow I was looking into Valgrind to help improve my C coding/debugging when I discovered it is only for Linux - I have no other need or interest in moving my OS to Linux ...

No comments:

Post a Comment