Thursday, October 11, 2012

How Do I Keep No-Knead Pizza Dough From Sticking? Good Questions

2012_10_11-NoKneadPizzaGQ.jpgQ: I love the no-knead bread technique and use it all the time for artisan bread, but I'm having trouble translating it to pizza. Because the dough is so wet, it is very tricky to shape, even into something as rustic as a pizza. It sticks like the dickens to my hands or rolling pin, no matter how much flour I use.

I'd consider myself a reasonably experienced baker, so I'm puzzled that I can't get this right. I use the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day recipes, but from what I've seen of other no-knead recipes this question would apply to them as well. Any tips?

Sent by Anna

Editor: Anna, I use Jim Lahey's no-knead recipe with no sticking problems, and Faith swears by Peter Reinhart's dough recipe, which rises overnight in the fridge. See if you have better luck with either of these recipes:

Peter Reinhart's Best Pizza Dough Ever
Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough at Bon Appetit

Readers, do you have any tips for handling no-knead pizza dough?

Next question?

Related: Bake Bread! 20 Tips, Tricks, & Ideas for No-Knead Bread

(Image: Faith Durand)


Food Wishes Video Recipes: No-Knead Pizza Dough (The Remix) When I posted the no-knead ciabatta bread video last January, I had no idea it would become one of the most watched, most commented-on, and most loved ... pizza dough Jamie Oliver Food Recipes (UK) This is a fantastic, reliable, everyday pizza dough, which can also be used to make bread. Its best made with Italian Tipo 00 flour, which is finer ground ... Pizza Dough I Recipe - Allrecipes.com Do More FREE! SAVE favorites in your Recipe Box; CREATE and save shopping lists; GET cooking questions answered; Become a Member FREE; Already a member? How to make yeast bread Life and style guardian.co.uk There's nothing quite like the simple joy of taking your first loaf out of the oven, and once you've mastered the basics you can have some fun baking bread ... No-Knead Chocolate-Cherry Pecan Bread: King Arthur Flour This easy, no-knead loaf features the best crust we've ever obtained using our home ovens. Based on the method outlined in The New York Times last November, this ... Recipe: Multigrain No-Knead Bread :: Ellen Jackson :: Culinate Join Culinate. With a free Culinate membership, you can: Create your own recipe collections; Queue recipes for later use; Blog your culinary endeavors No-Knead Brick Oven-style Pizza - Instructables - Make, How To ... I'm a guy who likes his pizza. And I don't mean run-of-the-mill franchise delivery. I'm a bit of an aficionado; I like simplicity and authenticity. ... How do you make that bread with the big holes? Secrets of ... Its the ne plus ultra of artisan bread. The gold medalist (whoops, make that King Arthurist) of chewy loaves. The Holey Grail. Im speaking, of course, of ... no-knead bread smitten kitchen While I know Im not the first food blogger to post about the magical, no-knead bread of Jim Lahey at the Sullivan Street Bakery fame in the five whole days since ... Recipe: No-Knead Bread - New York Times A recipe for No-Knead Bread, adapted from Jim Lahey, Sullivan Street Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment