Monday, October 1, 2012

Look! Brownie Pecan Pie

2012_09_28-brownie pie.jpegWhen is it considered too early to start thinking about holiday menus and desserts? My general feeling is September is far too early, although once October rolls around I start to flirt with different pies I may want to serve for Thanksgiving. And this year, we have a new contender: The Brownie Pecan Pie.

This dessert is an example of what occurs when two of my favorite desserts collide, and I can't believe I haven't thought of it myself. It boasts a chocolatey, gooey filling studded with toasty pecans and folded into a buttery crust. While I generally don't use box mixes for much of anything these days, I do appreciate that many folks are in a hurry and sometimes boxed brownies can really hit the spot. My mom makes boxed brownies and while I always lecture her about how easy they are to make, her brownies taste pretty darned good. So the thought of adding a little brownie batter into my next pecan pie is tempting, and will likely happen soon.

Get the Recipe: Brownie Pecan Pie from A Beautiful Mess

Note: while the gals from the blog A Beautiful Mess recommend using a boxed brownie mix, you could certainly make your own brownies instead. Here are a few classic, no-fail brownie recipes to get you going:

Triple Chocolate Chip Brownies - The Kitchn
Chewy Brownies - Brown-Eyed Baker
Fudge Brownies - King Arthur Flour

Related: Recipe: The One-Minute Brownie

(Image: A Beautiful Mess)


Pecan Pie Supreme Brownies Reviews Recipes, cooking ideas, baking tips, and more from Betty Crocker.com My kind of pie bakerella.com Beautiful on the outside and glorious on the inside. The great part about this recipe is that it makes two pies. TWO! Great to bake and take. The topping is made ... My Life as a Mrs. Personal Pecan Pie Brownies Monday, September 10, 2012. Personal Pecan Pie Brownies. Posted by Tina / 19 comments / *Recipes, Desserts. As Fall is approaching (I hear its officially here ... Sweet Peony: bourbon pecan pie brownies Does combining a traditional Thanksgiving dessert with chocolaty brownie goodness make it the ultimate dessert? Yes. Yes it does. I promise everyone will love these ... Bourbon Pecan Pie Brownies How Sweet It Is In search of the perfect non-pumpkin dessert? You are in luck. I have just the ticket. This is one of the most scrumptious recipes I have posted to date. The Cereal Baker: Meta-Dessert 3: Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies Saving the best and most decadent for last! Yes, Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies. And don't be thinking that I just threw a few pecans and some caramel into a pan ... Pecan Pie - My Home Cooking You Found it!! A free Pecan Pie Recipe with step by step instructions and lots of pictures. Bourbon Pecan Pie Brownies Patent & the Pantry The first time I had pecan pie was when I was 16 and visiting a friend in England for a month during summer holidays. There were visits to Stonehenge and London ... pecan pie brownies My dad loves pecan pie so for Christmas I made him some pecan pie brownies from a recipe I found here. He loved them and said they were addicting (you Pecan Pie Recipe - My Home Cooking You Found It! A free and easy pecan pie recipe with step by step instructions and lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment