Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Truly Organized Spice Drawer Reader Kitchen Project

2012-10-23-SpiceDrawer-01.jpgWe're always looking for ways to improve kitchen organization especially when it comes to spices, which can easily get cluttered and disorganized. Personally, I love stashing my spices away in a drawer, but my spice drawer never looked this good. Take a look at reader Kavita's freshly-organized spice drawer isn't this inspiring?

2012-10-23-SpiceDrawer-02.jpgHere's what Kavita says:

I was getting frustrated with the way spices that are kept out on the counter can get jumbled or covered in flecks of oil or something with cooking every day, so I decided to make a spice drawer using spice jars that I had left over from my old magnetic spice rack. I really love the convenience of having my spices right next to me when I'm cooking, and with this drawer I can even keep my teaspoon measures in the same drawer, easily reachable. I like being able to just pick out spices by looking at them, but in case I forget which is which, I've written the name on the side!

For the bulk stuff, I went nuts with mason jars, and now keep them in a cabinet with glass doors right near the work space. Again, everything is easy to see and grab, plus it stays clean and sealed.

Looks great, Kavita! Thanks so much for sharing! I especially like how the wide drawer and shallow jars mean that she can pack in so many different spices and jars. Do you do this? Or do you have another way of storing your spices?

2012-10-23-SpiceDrawer-03.jpg

Related: 10 Practical Ideas for Better Spice Storage

(Image: Kavita via The Kitchn's submission form)


IHeart Organizing: It's HERE! The Kitchen Cabinet Tour!! Because the kitchen is typically the most used room in the house, it's extremely important to ensure that it's organized and functional for all the action that it ... Home Building & Remodeling - How To Information eHow.com Home Building & Remodeling: Starting a home improvement project? eHow has how to info on kitchen remodeling, drywall & plaster, home insulation, and roofing materials. Home Design & Decorating - How To Information eHow.com Home Design & Decorating: Need design inspiration for your home? Find ideas on paint color, furniture, and wallpaper on eHow. Get how to info on room decorating ... The Fall 2010 Kitchen Cure Apartment Therapy The Kitchen Cure is an four-week program designed to help you get your kitchen clean, healthy and organized. The House of Smiths - Home DIY Blog - Interior Decorating Blog ... I'm so excited to finally have one of the messiest spaces in our house... by FAR totally organized! OrganizedHome Day 6: A Peek Inside My Kitchen [Welcome! If you are just joining me now, this is the 6th post in a series called 31 Days to an Organized Home. You can see what the series is all about, and all the ... The little kitchen that could and didmy finished dream Adel ... The little kitchen that could and didmy finished dream Adel White kitchen project!! Photos Organizing my Spice Rack with Adams Peanut Butter Jars Ever notice how every SINGLE food blogger has a beautiful, organized, clean kitchen? Only mine isnt. Seriously. Im cringing as I write this, but I am going to ... 50 spice tins and counting How to organize your spices ... March 1st, 2010. Do you also have a nagging to-do list in the back of your head? Filled with little projects that you want to approach at some point, but chances are ... The Container Store > Tip > Top 12 Organizing Tips With more than 30 years of experience as the storage and organization experts, we've come up with some creative solutions for saving precious space and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment