Monday, October 22, 2012

Artisan Soda Workshop by Andrea Lynn New Cookbook

I love fizzy water something fierce. I'd take my Soda Stream on vacation with me if I could. I've dabbled with making my own soda syrups and played with adding fresh juice to my glass, but lately I've been looking for something to shake up my soda game. Which is why I'm pretty sure Artisan Soda Workshop was written just for me. Seventy different recipes! And all of them easy-peasy to make in minutes! This may have been written for me, but don't worry: I'll share.

Quick Facts

Who wrote it: Andrea Lynn

Who published it: Ulysses Press

Number of recipes: 70 recipes

Recipes for right now: Cherry Cola Syrup, Natural Grape Syrup, Cranberry Orange and Ginger Syrup, Pear Grape and Honey Syrup, Pomegranate-Lime Syrup, Plum Shrub, Egg Cream, Apple Cider Rum

Other highlights: All the recipes in this book are for making concentrated syrups, which can then be added to plain seltzer water to create your own soda. If you don't have a Soda Stream, soda syphon, or other means to carbonate water at home, you can use any of these syrups with store-bought bottled seltzer.

The recipes typically call for between 1/4 cup and 3/4 cup of sugar, with some of the recipes branching out into agave syrup, honey, and other forms of sugar. It's easy to adjust the sweetness level to taste either when you make the syrup or with the amount you add it to the glass. This is great for me and my husband since I tend to like my sodas less sweet while he has more of a sweet tooth.

I love the range of recipes in this book. There are soda basics like cola copycats and ginger ale, along with lots of interesting fruit and herb/spice combinations. Most are fruit-basedgreat for those times when you have one or two leftover fruits that need using up. I'm also really happy to see a few recipes for shrubs in here. I've fallen hard for this fruity vinegar drink, and I'm excited to have a few more flavors to try.

And P.S., don't forget that all these syrups make steller cocktail add-ins. I have big plans to hone my cocktail skills this holiday season and expect I'll be turning to the recipes in this book quite frequently

Who would enjoy this book? Soda lovers, DIY-ers, cocktail makers

Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: The Artisan Soda Workshop: 70 Recipes from Fountain Classics to Plum Vanilla, Rhubarb Basil, Sea Salt Lime & Much Much More by Andrea Lynn
Visit the author's website: Andrea Lynn

See more from Andrea Lynn on The Kitchn: Andrea Lynn's 5 Favorite Products from Trader Joe's: Cookbook Review

(Images: Emma Christensen)


New Book Arrivals (31 Aug 2009) to NLB New Arrivals to the National Library Board of Singapore. 15 Oct 2007 (Download) a & a auto care co., inc., woburn a & a auto radiator inc, weymouth a & a auto repair inc, watertown a & a automotive inc, brookline a & a brothers inc, worcester Christopher William James Bezzo Facebook Christopher William James Bezzo is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Christopher William James Bezzo and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power ... Apple - Start Shop the Apple Online Store. Free iPod Engraving. Buy a new iPod from the Apple Online Store and get free personal engraving. Shop now; Download the Apple ... Homemade Soda: 200 Recipes for Making & Using Fruit Sodas & Fizzy ... "As the seasoned author of 15 successful cookbooks (e.g., Art of the Slow Cooker ), Schloss does not disappoint here. This collection contains 200 recipes for ... Andrea Lynn Food Writer, Personal Chef, Recipe Developer The I Love Trader Joes College Cookbook 150 Cheap and Easy Gourmet Recipes By Andrea Lynn Im the author of two cookbooks: The I Love Trader Joes College ... Imagination Mall - for all Your Dollhouse Miniature Needs Your Portal for Dollhouses and Miniatures on the Web since 1995. A comprehensive, continually updated index of Web sites, a one stop shop, specializing in Dollhouse ... Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an ... Book List Karin Slaughter Grant County series 1. Blindsighted 2. Kisscut 3. A Faint Cold Fear 4. Indelible 5. Faithless 6. Beyond Reach (Skin Privilege) Will Trent Homemade Root Beer,Soda & Pop: Stephen Cresswell: 9781580170529 ... This how-to book should appeal to those who dont mind spending two hours to make a dozen bottles of signature soda. Kansas City Star Yes, there is fun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment