Thursday, October 11, 2012

Knife-and-Fork or in Your Hand? How Do You Eat Pizza?

2012_10_11-pizzafork.jpgI have a friend who eats her pizza with a knife and fork. She's European, so she has impeccable formal table manners and whenever I eat pizza with her, I admit that I feel like a philistine, for I eat my pizza by picking up a slice in my hand and bringing it straight up to my mouth. How do you eat your pizza?

In this video clip, Jon Stewart takes Donald Trump to task on several of his pizza moves, from Trump's choice of a chain pizza parlor to the fact that he stacks his slices on a plate. But what really sends Stewart over the edge is when Trump picks up a fork and begins eating his pizza with it. Later, Trump defended himself by saying he was trying to just eat the toppings and not the crust so that "we keep the weight down at least as good as possible."

The Daily Show
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook

On occasion, I'll start eating pizza with a knife and fork but truth be told, I always end up eating it with my hands. Why? It's just more fun that way. And for me, pizza is a fun, informal food even if I'm eating one of those pricey wood-fired pies you see so much of these days. The exception would be when eating a deep dish styled pizza but to be honest, I haven't had one of those in a long time.

How about you? What's your preferred pizza eating method?

Related: Why Sleepy People Love Pizza

(Images: Star Trek and The Daily Show)


No comments:

Post a Comment