Friday, October 5, 2012

Show-Stopping Vegetable: Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower My New Roots

2012_10_05-TandooriCauliflower.jpgLooking for an impressive vegetable dish or an interesting new way to prepare cauliflower? Check out this gorgeous recipe for a whole, roasted cauliflower head, rubbed with tandoori spices and served with a side of mint chutney.

Tandoori isn't just reserved for chicken; the traditional Indian spice blend used to rub meats can also be used to rub vegetables. The spices are mixed with yogurt into a thick paste that is rubbed over the cauliflower, tenderizing it as it marinates. After roasting whole for about an hour, the cauliflower is served with a refreshing mint-yogurt chutney.

Served whole on a platter, it's a beautiful autumn vegetable dish that would make a show-stopping addition to a dinner party, especially one that includes vegetarian guests.

Get the recipe: Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower with Mint Chutney at My New Roots

Do you have any especially impressive ways to serve vegetables?

Related: Wowing By Presentation: 10 Eye-Catching Dishes To Impress Your Guests

(Images: My New Roots)


Aayi's Recipes About Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before ... kale & cardamom: seared scallops with cauliflower puree and caper ... Travel always brings unique culinary pleasures, ideas, inspiration. On a trip to Atlanta in mid-March, I fell in love with crisp-fried, cumin-dusted chickpeas ... My New Roots Today is my birthday. I am 30 years old. Looking back on my teens and twenties, I remember how absolutely freaked out I used to be about getting older. A-Z Index Meanderings through my cookbook Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. My New Roots: Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower with Mint Chutney I grew up in what you might call a flavour-free household. I know I have mentioned before that neither of my parents were the keenest of cooks, so it will come ... Food & Drink - How To Information eHow.com Food & Drink: Don't let that next party be a flop. Be the envy of your friends thanks to eHow's entertaining secrets sure to make that next affair a success. Food is ... Recipe Index - Wednesday Food Blogging - What Do I Know? Recipes, restaurant reviews, and foodie news for the vegan gourmand. My New Roots: Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower with Mint Chutney I grew up in what you might call a flavour-free household. I know I have mentioned before that neither of my parents were the keenest of cooks, so it ... My New Roots I grew up in what you might call a flavour-free household. I know I have mentioned before that neither of my parents were the keenest of cooks, so it will come ... Sparrows & Spatulas: Heidi's Cauliflower Soup with Mustard Croutons I I need to put a moratorium in place: no new cookbook purchases. Seriously, it's becoming a bit silly...and a bit insane. Not to mention that I am running ...

No comments:

Post a Comment