Friday, October 12, 2012

What Can I Do With a Bunch of Jalapeos? Good Questions

2012_10_12-JalapenoGQ.jpgQ: I got about a dozen jalapeo peppers from my CSA box. I don't know what to do with them, other than to make salsa, which I don't want to do. I cook family meals that a 4-year-old has to be able to eat, so really spicy meals are out of the question. What can I do with these?

Sent by Susan

Editor: Susan, it sounds like using up the peppers gradually makes the most sense for your family, so how about roasting them and either freezing them or storing them in olive oil in the refrigerator? Then you can just add one or two to a dish as needed.

Weekend Project: Roasting and Storing Peppers

Readers, do you have any suggestions for kid-friendly ways to use jalapeos?

Next question?

Related: Try This: Jalapeo Ice Water

(Image: Flickr member cjmartin licensed under Creative Commons)


Yahoo! Canada Answers - How do i can a salsa recipe? i have a great recipe for salsa (it's just like the salsa at lone star restaurants) and i'd like to make a bunch and can it. i know nothing about canning. First Aid - What Do I Need? The Loadout Room When someone asks, what do you bring onto the field, or out to the range for First Aid equipment, what do you say? "The Kitchen Sink?" or "ummmm.... what i How To Become A Hacker Revision History; Revision 1.44: 20 May 2012: esr: Updated the critique of Java. Revision 1.43: 07 Feb 2011: esr: Python passed Perl in popularity in 2010. What Are Almonds? - wiseGEEK: clear answers for common questions Almonds are the edible seeds of a tree found originally in Asia and North Africa. Contrary to popular belief, almonds are not... Good Question: What Should I Serve With Tacos? The Kitchn Here's a fun question from Sarah, who is looking for a good side dish to serve with tacos. What would you suggest?It's my fiance's birthday on Friday and I'm throwing ... What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part I - Getting ... Note: This is the first of a series on personal preparation to help you address the question, "What should I do?"The copy in this series comes from a book chapter I ... I have an abundance of habanero peppers right now. What can I do ... Now in the shop Exclusive Food52 Product Launch: Sleek Thermo Lunch Pot from Black + Blum What Can I Do To Get My Boyfriend Back He calls me saying that down but somehow he doesnt in love with him. So i left the house with another girl. The next morning came and for taking 2 hours to him his ...

No comments:

Post a Comment